May 23, 2011

.the Illusionist

Mere months ago, the world "lucite" sparked thoughts of 6" stripper heels with a dollar slot in them. (Where did I even get that mental image from? A movie? I hope so.)

Anyway, I've noticed that lucite and acrylic furniture has been quietly edging its way into interior design recently. You would think it would be hideously tacky -- indeed, I thought that as well. However, somehow this see-through stuff is modern, unexpected, and luxe.

Well, consider me officially on the lucite bandwagon. Yep. Definitely on this clear, hard, plastic, oh-so-chic bandwagon.

via Song of Style
via KFDdesigns
at Anthropologie
from Jonathan Adler
via Leffstyle

P.S. As I was walking around the UES with my mom this weekend (after a failed attempt to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met because of AN HOUR LONG LINE, but I'm not bitter), I stumbled upon the Jonathan Adler store, or heaven, as I affectionately call it.

Surprise surprise, I almost bought that acrylic tray, but paused at the $98 price tag. However, I just found a similar one for half the price at CB2.. so I figure I can DIY it with some wallpaper.

Maybe I'll post about that project. Maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment