May 27, 2011

.happy fleet Week

Found here
It's.... wait for it... FLEET WEEK! Fleet Week in NYC started on Wednesday. I celebrated it by drinking on a boat. (Appropriate, right?)

In all seriousness though, Fleet Week is intended to showcase the talents our Navy and Marine Corps. There are ship tours in the harbor, parades, etc. I'm so happy this occurs every year. First, I get to drool over the men in uniform. But more importantly, our military servicemen and women deserve this recognition. I am so impressed by their dedication. So, in addition to those drinks I bought for a few Marines on Wednesday, I'm sending out a humble "thank you!" to all the men and women who serve. Thank you for being heroes.

So, in honor of Fleet Week, a few ocean-themed things that I love:

http://www.werkstatt-muenchen.com/


"The only thing between you and me is the sea"

No comments:

Post a Comment